Pilot-study Feedback
As I told you about my tasks before Christmas holiday that I started piloting my research. I emailed my survey draft to seven friends who are university lecturers studying oversea doctorate degrees in applied linguistics. Some are my old MA classmates and some are my colleagues. So far I got four replies (more are expected to come after the respondents are free from New Year parties...) and their answers are very interesting. I wouldn’t know how to improve it if I didn't get the replies back.
Of course they gave me positive comments about the overall quality of the survey. There is a major concern that I have to think about is the length of my survey. Originally, it’s 14 pages long – yes – they said it is quite exhausting to see the number of pages. "Mate - I got tired already when I saw the pages packed up with long sentences. "– I have to do something – seriously to make it look more friendly and less tiring. --- But it’s really good to know how to move on at this stage --
Let me give you a metaphor! -- it’s like being trapped in a locked room --- then some windows flew open at suddenly the light flew in the room and now it’s possible to find the exit.
I would recommend that we you feel that you got stuck – just take a deep breath and sit down for a while. Don’t push yourself too much – finally if you take your time to inspect the object from different angles, you will find the way out at no time…stay alert – open minded-- qualitative data is very puzzling. Well --I don’t mind this kind of game – I’m a big fan of sudoku, jewel quest, and The Da Vinci Code.
2 comments:
Tessie, Happy New Year and good luck with your survey
Thank you very much Bruce :-)
Post a Comment