Monday, 26 November 2007

Goodbye Homestay...Hello Hostel

It's eight months that I spent living in with a host family. My host lady treats me like I am her daughter which I feel good and secured to live with her. Last night I had a nightmare but couldn't remember what it's all about...
My homestay experience is so rewarding - -I learn a lot about kiwi family and how to be a good broader.--Anyway some weeks ago I was quite naughty that I went home late and made my host lady angry-- but the daylight is so long and it's a good time to hang around with friends after school...If I want to start a social life, it's better for me to live in a hostel so my host lady wouldn't have to worry about me.

Last night I couldn't sleep...I am always sleepless when I know that she's away or something is gonna change. However- life goes on and I am a big girl. It's time to be independent and responsible for your own life.
I am used to living in a big family and having the loved ones around me. I like to be with people who I can rely on. It's really hard to stay on my own but I think will be fine at Baxter's... Anyway I'm having more PhD mates sharing my office this week. It's good to talk to people who are in the same boat.


See our photos of a sunny lunch with professors
































And my hostel room - I am quite happy with my freedom and my own space.
I spent the whole afternoon going to shops and buying stuffs...the theme color of this room is pastel green...Welcome to 'Tessie's Burrow' number 21


No comments: