
Now I know how keeping a research journal means to me. There're lots of thing to think about each day and my memory is not as good as when I was younger. I'm going to tell myself what's I've been thinking today in the office.
Tomorrow I'm gonna have a meeting with supervisors. I'm gonna show them some part of my interview data. After I listened to each recording, 4 times each. I draw some themes out of their accounts.
Tomorrow I'm gonna have a meeting with supervisors. I'm gonna show them some part of my interview data. After I listened to each recording, 4 times each. I draw some themes out of their accounts.
Then I look at the themes and ask myself some questions:
- Do they cover the key meanings the interviewees trying to tell me?
- Have I classified those themes appropriately?
- Are there any overlapping, overgeneralizing, underpaid attention on any information?
So what I feel like to do now is going back to the recordings again and re-listen to all the interviews. YES IT's exhuasting! But I know I have to.
These days I'm not just trying to make the meaning out of the interviews but also think about these things in my thesis:
1. What topics should be included in my chapter 2
2. What should I write in Chapter 3 - telling how I collect and verify the data and the coding
3. How to make a connection between my qualitative data and my quantitative data?
Well those questions already make me feel like my head is getting inflated.
Maybe it's true that in my country we make fun about people who study a lot having 'bigger head'.
- Do they cover the key meanings the interviewees trying to tell me?
- Have I classified those themes appropriately?
- Are there any overlapping, overgeneralizing, underpaid attention on any information?
So what I feel like to do now is going back to the recordings again and re-listen to all the interviews. YES IT's exhuasting! But I know I have to.
These days I'm not just trying to make the meaning out of the interviews but also think about these things in my thesis:
1. What topics should be included in my chapter 2
2. What should I write in Chapter 3 - telling how I collect and verify the data and the coding
3. How to make a connection between my qualitative data and my quantitative data?
Well those questions already make me feel like my head is getting inflated.
Maybe it's true that in my country we make fun about people who study a lot having 'bigger head'.
Well- Professor White told me that when we look at a PhD thesis, it should be like a rainbow.
The most beautiful part is the methodology and the results because they are your own work.
So pay attention to the methodology and the findings. Then if they are settled, the rest of the thesis would be written in accordance to the methodology and the findings. Isn't it much easier to think about?

Yes it's true. I can start with methodology and findings. It's the most exciting part, isn't it?
1 comment:
Apna Showroom Grooming Hair Lice Combs knit combs for Men and Women's kids (apsw_girl_lice comb
we gonna work what we put in our vision docs
Apna Showroom Baby Boy's and Girl's Woolen Sweaters/Inner Vest for 0-3-6-9-12-18 months 1-2 years newborn baby sweaters (Multicolour) Unisex
it is trustworthy for our work and dedication
Post a Comment