I got up at half past five in the morning and got dressed (a collar shirt and a maxi skirt, very formal). I arrived the lab at eight o’clock sharp. Six of master students were waiting for the room open. I knew two of them as they used to be in my undergrad class. They were lively and enthusiastic to study this morning. Then the lecturer arrived and we entered the room. She introduced me to the students and then we started the lesson. Almost four hours of the lecture and activities, I have to be alert and active all the time. She went through the instructions on her Moodle smoothly. The Internet connection of the classroom was quite efficient for multiple programs browsing. Since there were only six people and the class, they were helping each other all the time. It’s quite easy for the teacher to pay attention to each student. She always explained the aims of the activities. .....Then I just too busy with the tasks I tried to keep up with the instructions. It was so fun and kept me alert all the time. I learned a lot about how to make a good presentation with PowerPoint today. I wish I could be a master student again. There was not such a thing when I was doing my master’s.....
Students would never learn if they just listen and take notes but they have to experience it by themselves. They have to experience both success and failures during learning with technology tools. Teachers have to be both instructors and mentor as the same time. It’s necessary for the teacher to know how to deal with trivial problems. Although the lessons are well-planned, there are always challenges for keeping the instruction flow.
(Oh this is my first time class observation…Lots of information. After the class I was like a full bucket of water…kind of overwhelmed)
I wonder if I were one of the students, how would I use the skill and knowledge learned from this MA course in their classrooms? Sure thing is my teaching materials would be fascinating for students with multimedia and animation. But what would happen if there is no computer lab for language learners at my school. What should I do with the technology-enhanced learning and teaching that always inspires me. That’s what to think about after the in-service teachers leave the training program. How about the lecturers? I’m sure they have to keep updating with new technologies as many of IT innovations are developed these days.
2 comments:
Thanks for your information. Most of the posts in the blog is really valuable. Regards
APNA SHOWROOM Bra for Women Combo Pack of 6 Cup Size 34 (B) Non-Wired Multicolor Everyday Cotton Bra Daily use
o really lee and you are my khushi..
Post a Comment