'Demystifying Academic Writing'
Yesterday I went to a virtual seminar 'Demystifying Academic Writing' with Gillian and Sam. I like the way they named the topic which makes people want to know how it's going to work. This is my first time to attend a video comference. I like to see people making the most of the technology. I really want to see some virtual seminars at my university in Thailand as it saves a lot of money that we do not have to travel to one place to listen to a talk or do a workshop for just for half and hour. The presenters started with asking us to brainstorm the highlights and lowlights of writing. Then people shared their opinions and I did too (I couldn't miss it because I am really into writing instruction). Then the presenters show us the summary of how people think about writing in general.
I really like this technique that we can ask about the audiences' comments first then show them what we have found so the audience feel involved in the seminar content. I understood what they talked about and was very happy to have this experience.
3 comments:
It was a very lovely meeting.I personally enjoyed that meeting and I think that was one of the wonders of technology. I hope we can see such programs more for postgrads.
Dear Sam,
That was a good opportunity to see how much we can make the most of technology and potential problems of using the video confrencing. Imagine we may have to teach distance learners using web conferencing, we may have the same technical difficulties. See what we would do to fix the problems...
Cheers!
I do agree that the tele-conferencing is superb and becoming popular particularly in developed countries.
But, I hope that we will not use it all the time. Because I like travelling and meeting real people.
:P
Post a Comment